TikTok, owned by Chinese technology firm ByteDance, is largely responsible for popularizing the short-form video format that YouTube, alongside other imitators, is now aping with its micro-video Shorts platform. Over the past 20 years, chess technology has become so advanced—and so portable—that anyone with a smartphone is capable of pulling up websites with software powerful enough to grind down Magnus Carlsen. The government is developing innovative technologies to improve the safety of its soldiers. Recent advances in medical technology have saved countless lives. Our city is dynamic and modern, famous for its high quality of living.
- Since the 1970s, technology’s impact on the environment has been criticized, leading to a surge in investment in solar, wind, and other forms of clean energy.
- He helps develop new talent by inviting RIT students to work on his production crews.
- Developing corn-based packaging is not only being used to counteract the amount of food waste going into landfills, but also making the world a more sustainable place.
- These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word ‘technology.’ Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors.
- Through hands-on experience studying the eye, Lily has secured a part-time job while she continues her education at RIT.
- NEW ORLEANS — Drought upriver has left the Mississippi River so low and slow that salt water is creeping farther than usual along the bottom toward New Orleans and threatening drinking water, the Army Corps of Engineers said Wednesday.
Bellavia, WITR’s music director, appreciates that RIT has a place where people who love music can bond over their passion and share that connection over the airwaves. With the flexibility to shape her education around her professional and personal lives, Rivera has found the School of Individualized Study to be the pathway toward a fulfilling degree and a rewarding career that pays it forward. For Hedger, giving back is a special part of the RIT community that lets her impact the world, one service project at a time. It might be just a stool, but it represents more than reaching equipment in the Machine Shop. It’s a symbol of the heightened awareness and inclusivity of women in engineering at RIT.
Lautenschlager’s passion for helping others drew her to a co-op opportunity in the medical science field. Through hands-on experience studying the eye, Lily has secured a part-time job while she continues her education at RIT. FAT is one of the largest faculties in the field of agricultural technology in East Java, Indonesia.
No tune, no words, no dancing Why white noise is the music industrys newest hit
By working on a faculty-guided research project, Pannullo has gained hands-on research experience to pursue a future in regenerative medicine. It’s one way Pannullo is putting experiential learning to work. Kha interned with Oculus testing their next generation of VR cameras, which have the potential to aid law enforcement and impact learning in schools. The internship turned into a full-time job, and Kha plans to work on enhancing the VR experience. Gordon started Optic Sky, an animation company, after graduating from RIT with a degree in film. He helps develop new talent by inviting RIT students to work on his production crews.
September 16, 2022 • A new study shows that Latino-led content attracted new viewers to streaming platforms and helped make shows and films more popular. Add technology to one of your lists below, or create a new one. Evidence was found, however, to suggest that full adopters of the technology had more profitable farms than partial adopters. Most of the women were casual workers working, typically, with low capital investment in tools and technology. Even though launches were ultimately rather ephemeral purchases, consumers quickly turned to this new technology as a method of infiltrating the practice of science.